Neo-Pangea is looking for a freelance/contract backend developer to work alongside of our cunning code-lords.
Applicants should be a server side Jedi master, able to plan and architect backend services and database structures, and work closely with our creative team.
- Strong experience with server-side languages, especially Node.JS, PHP, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Modern web development tools like Git, Bower, Composer, Command Line
- Task runners like Grunt/Gulp
- Creating and maintaining custom CMS
- Developing APIs to return data from custom services and CMS
- Working with existing CMS frameworks like MODX, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Utilizing 3rd party APIs such as Google Maps, YouTube, and analytics
- Social Sharing
Professional skills, including:
- Rapid prototyping and interaction design for business processes, web, mobile, software and other applications
- Agile development
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or as part of a team
- Ability to write and maintain proper program documentation
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
- Understanding of JIRA and BitBucket/GitHub
At Neo-Pangea, we’re focused on remaining small and nimble, which means that we only bring on rock stars with industry experience who have learned their craft through years of hard work and self-motivated experimentation. Proximity to the Philly region and ability to work onsite at our Reading studio is strongly recommended.
Please send us your hourly rate, resume as a URL, PDF, or TXT file (NO WORD DOCS) and URLs to your work. For each project please describe your role, how many other developers worked with you, and what your learned. We’d also love to hear any professional or personal goals you may have for your future.
Please send us links to your work online and describe your role and capabilities. Be warned! — vague work or giant word document attachments don't help anyone.
If you meet these qualifications and are intrigued, submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org! We look forward to seeing your work and meeting you. If you submit and we don't contact you, please don't contact us until this opportunity is posted again.